Direct Support Paraprofessional (DSP)- Please email Maria Maxwell at email@example.com to learn how to apply!! Hiring immediately
Job Location: Outer Banks Area Wide
Direct Support Paraprofessional
Who We Are:P
Our Individual & Community Services (ICS) program enables individuals of any age living with an Intellectual or DevelopmePleasental Disability to acquire and maintain skills that will allow them to live with greater independence in the community. Individual & Community Services (ICS) strives to help individuals living with (I/DD) to live their best possible life, providing support to the individual as well as their caregivers/guardians and natural support network. CNA experience not required but helpful.
Under the supervision of the Program Supervisor or designee, the Direct Support Paraprofessional provides respite, personal care and personal assistance and/or habilitative services to individuals supported by the ICS program. These services exclude those that are considered re-habilitative in nature. We currently have immediate Part Time opportunities for Direct Support Paraprofessionals to join our team providing service in all areas of the Outerbanks Area of NC- Kill Devil Hills, Nags Head, Corolla, Manteo, etc... Flexible Schedules (Days, Evenings and Weekends).
What We Need From You:
- High School diploma or equivalent required for all services provided.
- Two years’ experience working with individuals with developmental disabilities, preferred.
- Ability to work independently, handle multiple responsibilities and assigning priority to activities.
- Ability to manage the goals of multiple individuals and families on a timely basis.
- Must complete and maintain current Easter Seals UCP training curriculum, which includes, but not limited to the following:
- CPR/First Aid
- NCI (as appropriate)
- Medication Administration (as appropriate)
- OSHA/BBP training
- Core competencies and other trainings relevant to position as defined by local program guidelines.
- Must have a valid, unrestricted, state appropriate driver’s license for the State of North Carolina.
- Must be able to successfully pass a background check
What You Will Receive:
- Paid Training
- Flexible work Schedule
- 403(b) Retirement Plan
- 529 NC National College Savings Program.
- Partnerships with BB&T/Truilant and Coastal Credit union
- The opportunity to enrich the lives of the people you serve.