Director of Sales
Job Location: Kill Devil Hills
Director of Sales
Comfort Inn OBX
401K with match, Health, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, PTO**
Ask us about our sign-on bonus!
Who We Are: Landmark Hotel Group is a leading hospitality company specializing in the management, ownership, and development of fine hotels. Founded in 1983, Landmark has built a reputation for quality hotels, exceptional service, loyal associates, and unwavering integrity. With a current portfolio of eleven hotels, the company has strong relationships with leading hotel franchisors such as Hilton, Marriott, Intercontinental Hotels Group, Radisson, Hyatt and Choice Hotels. Landmark Hotel Group is headquartered in Virginia Beach, VA and employs over 500 hospitality professionals.
Landmark’s focus has been to deliver genuine, heart-felt service - service to our guests, service to our community, and service to each other. Our company's culture can be best described as a family joined by a shared set of values, vision, and mission. Our success is driven by our people - a pool of dedicated team leaders and associates. The hallmarks of our culture are quality, integrity, and service.
If this sounds like the place for you and you share the same values.... Join Us!
Direct Sales Focus: Direct Outside Sales focus in selling properties will be based on the following market segments:
Top & Target Accounts for the property
SMERF/Leisure : Social business including weddings, funerals, bar/bat mitvahs, reunions, churches, colleges, university, packages
Tour and Travel: Motorcoach business
Sports: College, High School, Youth, business relating to all sports venues
Government: focusing on primary government demand generators including military
Corporate: focusing on primary demand generators for the area
Extended Stay: focusing on the 7+ night market
- Provide the highest quality service to the customer at all times.
- Maintain Top Accounts
- Acquire Competitor Accounts
- Direct Sales Calls in the markets outlined above. Goal is at least 15-20 qualified outside sales calls per week.
- Handle group bookings, inquiries and follow up. This includes customer phone contact, walk-ins, scheduled and unscheduled appointments, obtaining customer requirements, such as rooming lists and meeting details.
- Sending out contracts to verify rooms and meeting space commitment.
- View daily arrival, departures, and in-house guest lists. Write notecards and small guest gifts as warranted.
- Compose and type required correspondence and utilize word processing
- Utilize trace system for follow through required on group, function and accounts to ensure constant client contact
- Maintain files in computer system, documenting all sales activities on a daily basis.
- Make all changes for function and group room blocks and document such changes or cancelations in client files and in the system.
- Communicate pertinent information to appropriate departments
- Maintain a Lobby Lizard schedule in conjunction with other managers to ensure we have management presence at breakfast and manager receptions
- Complete RFP information for property in a timely manner
- Stay up to date with brand information as it relates to sales initiatives and information. Should also be familiar with the tools available (Hotelligence, Star Report) in order to be able to identify opportunities and develop plan to gain market share.
- Establish contact with group contacts prior to their arrival and departure
- Solicit re-booking of groups and meetings from existing clients
- Prospect for business using internet, telemarketing and direct prospecting calls
- Sell according to the company processes
- Have current knowledge of hotel rates, strategies, discounts and promotions
- Have current knowledge of the competitors strategies, discounts and promotions
- Keep informed of upcoming events, conventions and community events that may affect hotel revenue
- Provide reports to GM, owner or owners representative on a weekly and monthly basis
- Wear proper clothing as outlined by company dress code.
- Other duties as assigned
- As a member of the hotel management team, you may be required to work extended hours to ensure that all duties and responsibilities are completed in a satisfactory and professional manner.
Apply today - www.landmarkhotelgroup.com/careers