Estimating and Purchasing Officer with Great Salary and Benefits
Job Location: Kill Devil Hills
SAGA Realty and Construction, an innovative and growing construction and realty firm is looking for a Purchasing and Estimating Officer who would be responsible for evaluating vendors, negotiating contracts and preparing reports (e.g. on orders and costs). The ideal candidate should have good knowledge of market research and solid analytical skills to identify the most profitable offers in order to project and control construction costs.
* Prepares work to be accomplished by gathering information and requirements; setting priorities.
* Prepare construction budget by studying home plans; updating specifications; identifying and projecting costs for each elevation.
* Obtain bids from vendors and subcontractors by specifying materials; identifying qualified subcontractors; negotiating price.
* Maintain cost keys and price masters by updating information.
* Resolve cost discrepancies by collecting and analyzing information.
* Research potential vendors
* Compare and evaluate offers from vendors
* Negotiate contract terms of agreement and pricing
* Track orders and ensure timely delivery
* Review quality of purchased products
* Enter order details (e.g. vendors, quantities, prices) into internal databases
* Maintain updated records of purchased products, delivery information and invoices
* Prepare reports on purchases, including cost analysis.
* Good knowledge of vendor sourcing practices (researching, evaluating and liaise with vendors)
* Understanding of supply chain procedures
* Solid analytical skills, with the ability to create financial reports and conduct cost analyses
* Excellent computer skills
* Good management skills
* Good negotiation skills
* Well organized
* Team player
* Works well independently
Education and Experience
* Proven work experience as a Purchasing and Estimating Officer or similar role
* B.S or equivalent in Logistics, Business Administration or relevant field is preferred
Salary and Compensation
* Excellent Benefits: Medical, Dental within 90 days of hire.
* Outstanding 401k