Hotel Front Desk Agent
Job Location: Kill Devil Hills
TownePlace Suites by Marriott Outer Banks is hiring. We are looking for UP BEAT, driven team players who want to join us in providing superior guest service to our guests. We are a brand new property in the Outer Banks and it is our goal to form the best team possible. All team members will be hired with the highest expectations for job performance. Cross training for different tasks/departments will be mandatory for every team member. Giving the best service in the OBX is our goal so each member will have a multitude of knowledge and responsibly when it comes to serving our guests and executing tasks.
A hotel front desk agent represents the first point of contact with guests and handles all stages of a guest’s stay.
A typical day as a hotel front desk agent, involves registering/booking guests in and out of their rooms, while accommodating any special requests.
During check-in, a front desk agent will verify a guest’s method of payment. Front desk agents will also try to upsell guest rooms, by sharing available alternatives and options.
Previous hotel-related experience is a plus but not mandatory. A great attitude and desire to be the best front desk agent to serve our guests is mandatory.
Applicant must have strong interpersonal, multi-tasking, and administrative skills.
- Please have solid references
- Successful history as a front desk agent or related hospitality experience
- Must have a flexible work schedule
- Success driven individual
Responsibilities: Brief description ( not limited to)
- Adapt to the Marriott brand experience and complete training
- Register & process guests and their assigned rooms
- Accommodate all guest requests
- Communicating with hotel staff on the status of guest rooms
- Up Selling guest rooms and promoting hotel services
- Handling payments
- Maintain a clean and neat front desk
- Continued training
- Stepping out of FD area to complete tasks outside of FD (i.e. Lobby, breakfast, guest requests)