Job Location: Manteo
Founded in 1932, the mission of the Roanoke Island Historical Association (RIHA) is to commemorate the history of the first English colonies in North America on Roanoke Island, North Carolina. This mission is primarily accomplished by the annual production of the symphonic outdoor drama The Lost Colony, and through educationally engaging events and programs.
POSITION OVERVIEW – Seasonal
Reporting directly to the Maintenance Supervisor, the Maintenance Assistant helps keep facilities clean and in good working condition.
April 1- August 31, 2020
Monday – Saturday, 9 AM – 2 PM
- Cleaning Waterside Theatre facilities
- Emptying trash & restocking supplies
- Cleaning Morrison Gove apartments pre and post season
- General landscaping (raking, sweeping etc)
- Basic repairs /maintenance
- Other duties as assigned by Maintenance Supervisor or CEO
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Reliable transportation
- Demonstrated ability to follow instructions and accomplish tasks without constant supervision
- Capable of lifting up to 50 pounds without assistance
- Ability to work outdoors in various weather conditions
- Comfortable standing, walking, lifting, squatting for duration of shift
- Prior experience working in general maintenance, cleaning and/or landscaping is a plus
Interested applicants, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume.