Museum Greeter and Retail Sales Associates
Job Location: Corolla
COROLLA WILD HORSE FUND
Founded in 2001, the nonprofit Corolla Wild Horse Fund’s mission is to protect, conserve, and responsibly manage the herd of wild Colonial Spanish Mustangs roaming freely on the northernmost Currituck Outer Banks, and to promote the continued preservation of this land as a permanent sanctuary for horses defined as a cultural treasure and designated as the state horse by the State of North Carolina.
Position – Part-time, seasonal, non-exempt:
Associates greet visitors, providing them with information about the mission, activities, and programs of the Corolla Wild Horse Fund as well as help with their selections and purchases. Acting as representatives of the Fund, associates help educate visitors about the Corolla wild horses and answer visitors’ questions regarding the herd and the work of the Fund. Associates maintain stock levels on the sales floor, receive incoming merchandise, and insure that all is clean and presentable. Working cooperatively and collaboratively with all staff, this position reports directly to the Chief Operating Officer.
- Ability to work with a diverse population.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective and harmonious working relationship with other staff, management, and volunteers to promote and support the Corolla Wild Horse Fund.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to handle difficult interpersonal situations effectively with tact and patience.
- Ability to perform the essential job functions physically.
- Actively engage visitors in conversation in order to educate them about the Corolla wild horses and the Fund’s mission to protect and conserve them.
- Operate the cash register and credit card machine.
- Ensure register has sufficient currency daily by communicating status with Finance Manager or Chief Operating Officer.
- Accurately follow daily register closing procedures.
- Maintain cleanliness of floors, displays, and merchandise.
- Keep the restroom clean, neat, and organized.
- Manage inventory and regularly restock shelves.
- Notify the Chief Operating Officer if restocking or reordering is required before stock depletes.
- Coordinate attractive and seasonally appropriate sales floor displays.
- Organize sales events for the shop with approval of management.
- Receive and process incoming product stock orders.
- Perform additional duties as requested by the Chief Operating Officer.
PLEASE SUBMIT RESUME AND ALL CONTACT INFO TO email@example.com;
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.