Part Time Finance Manager
Job Location: Corolla
The Finance Manager oversees the day-to-day financial operations of the Corolla Wild Horse Fund. This position requires knowledge of full charge accounting practices and procedures and reports to the Chief Operating Officer while working collaboratively with the Herd Manager and all staff.
This position also contributes to the development and implementation of the organizational budget, financial policies and practices, and interacts with the Board of Directors.
- Manage day-to-day processing and reconciliation of Daily Sheets and House Deposits.
- Responsible for general ledger to include accounts receivable and accounts payable, producing reports as requested using QuickBooks accounting software.
- Oversee short- and long-term financial and managerial reporting.
- Prepare quarterly financial reports for the CWHF board meetings and, when requested, create interim financial reports for review as needed for CWHF’s senior management and board to fulfill their fiduciary oversight responsibilities.
- Reconcile monthly activity and bank accounts.
- Manage and reconcile all merchant accounts, credit cards, and loans.
- File and pay quarterly Sales and Use Tax.
- Process biweekly payroll.
- Responsible for the management, filing, and payment of all applicable payroll taxes biweekly, monthly, quarterly, and annually.
- File annual 1099 and 1096 on subcontractors.
- Assist the Chief Operating Officer and Board in creating annual organizational budget and monitoring cash flow.
- Assist the Chief Operating Officer in providing year-end projections and income/expense forecasting for review by management.
- Manage grantor contracts and reimbursement requests.
- Administer and manage organizational insurance and employee health insurance.
- Develop, maintain, and monitor all fundraising and accounting systems and procedures, capturing all pledges, billings, and receipts for the recording of all revenue transactions. When appropriate, recommend and implement improvements to systems.
- Assist in inventory count for annual audit and prepare related inventory reports.
- Assist Chief Operating Officer with preparation of annual Charitable Solicitation License.
- Maintain CWHF’s archival, financial, and administrative files.
- Gather and prepare all materials needed for annual audit and act as the main liaison with the CWHF accounting firm on the annual audit and filing of all tax returns.
- When notified, communicate advisements from corporate/employee giving programs.
- Commitment to the protection and preservation of the wild horses and the mission of the Fund.
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in relevant
- At least 3 years of experience in financial management with preference to experience with a non-profit organization and some experience administering benefits.
- Knowledge of bookkeeping and generally accepted accounting principles both standard and non-profit.
- Advanced proficiency in the use of
- Budget development and oversight experience.
- Knowledge of tax and other compliance implications of non-profit status.
- Excellent computer skills and proficiency in Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated commitment to high professional ethical standards.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a collaborative work style.
- Excels at operating in a fast-paced, community environment.
If interested, SUBMIT RESUME TO firstname.lastname@example.org. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.