Job Location: Duck
Kitty Hawk Kites has been teaching the world to fly since 1974. We strive to be the leading company in adventure recreation and retailing, by building a reputation for fun, and excellence through dedication to customer service, quality, safety, and value.
As a leading employer on the Outer Banks for over 40 years, Kitty Hawk Kites is looking to add an experienced, energetic Retail Store Manager to our kite store in Duck.
This position is very important to the overall operation of Kitty Hawk Kites/Kitty Hawk Surf Co.This job maximizes customer and and staff satisfaction, and is responsible for helping maintain company policies and procedures. In order to be successful, one must keep in touch with the Retail Operations Manager (ROM), letting him/her know of any changes needed or problems to be aware of. This position will understand and bring to life the company vision, mission, and values to associates.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Include the following;other duties may be assigned -
- Operate within KHK Inc. core values, mission, and purpose statement
- Careful selection and training of staff
- Maintaining correct amount of staff during various seasons and holidays
- Attending appropriate company functions and/or mettings
- Supervision of staff
- Maintaining the stores clean, safe, and attractive environment
- Staff schedules
- Opening & closing reports
- Payroll reports
- Sales documentation and reports
- Marketing reports
- Budget projections
- Transfer forms and packing slips
- Supervise merchandising
- Maintaining stock levels - check to see if items are back-stocked or available from another store
- Making sure money is deposited daily
- Keeping up with maintenance needs and make sure the store is kept up and taken care of
- Assist buyer with feedback and current trends
Education and Experience
Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. In most cases this position will be indoors in a climate controlled environment. There are occasions when work outdoors will be necessary, when this happens one can expect to deal with the natural elements. The noise level in this position is moderate.
About 1/3 of one's time will be spent climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching or crawling. One-third to two-thirds of one's time will be spent standing, walking, sitting, and reaching. About 2/3 of one's time will be spent using one's hands to finger, handle or feel, as well as talking or hearing. Expect to lift up to 25 lbs on a regular basis. Vision required: close, color, peripheral, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Some other physical demands come from continuous computer work, cash register work, sales floor work, events work, and mail order work.