Job Location: Powells Point
- Powells Point, NC 27966
- Full-time, Part-time
Support Technician (I, II)
Come join an established and growing technology firm located in northeastern North Carolina. CMIT Solutions is a regional leader providing customers with Managed IT, Professional Services, Hardware/Software Sales & Support and Technology Consulting.
We are seeking a full-time Support Technician to provide remote & on-site support to our clients. Candidates will provide day-to-day installation & technical support for servers, network infrastructure, desktop systems (both software and hardware) in diverse multi-client environments. Candidate communicates technical information to both technical and non-technical personnel. Recommends hardware and software solutions, including new acquisitions and upgrades. May participate in development of information technology and infrastructure projects. May conduct training programs designed to educate an organization’s computer users about basic and specialized applications.
This position will receive moderate supervision with on-the job training. The job starts promptly at 8:30am sharp Monday - Friday. Lunch is from 12:00pm – 1:00pm. This position requires Evening & Weekend on-call duty that is performed on a rotating basis.
· Support and train others to support client systems including monitoring, diagnostics, troubleshooting, and repair.
· Help in defining system hardware and software specifications and configurations.
· Design, implement, upgrade test and troubleshoot systems and applications at customer locations.
· Help to propose and implement system and application enhancements.
· Administer and train others to administer production systems and applications, and document configurations and procedures.
· Work with internal and external customers, vendors and other support technicians.
· Document, report, track problems and perform necessary follow up to ensure quick resolution.
· Understand processes in Autotask by completing assigned training materials in Autotask.
· Communicate (on-going) through tickets, emails, and verbal with all team members and clients.
· Performs other related duties as assigned.
This position requires a minimum of 3 years experience. Strong Windows/Mac skills, basic business networking skills and necessary communication/customer service skills. Bachelor's degree in Information Technology (or related field) a plus.
Candidates must live in Dare County, NC or Currituck County, NC for prompt on-site dispatch to client offices. Non-resident candidates will not be considered. Candidate must have reliable transportation and a drivers license. Candidates must be able to pass an extensive background check and drug screen.