Gift Shop Volunteer
Job Location: Manteo
Volunteer Gatehouse Association
To staff the Gift Shop, accepting responsibility for shop operation, ringing sales on the cash register and providing service to all customers.
• Ability to operate computerized cash register
• Ability to work independently and/or with partners
• Assume shop responsibility
• Excellent customer service skills
• Handling money, making change
• Need to be able to stand for long periods of time Duties & Responsibilities:
• Responsible for all aspects of payment processing, which requires sound knowledge of the basic principles of cashiering operation ; handling cash sales, credit card sales, check and payroll deduction sales.
• Greet and offer assistance to all customers entering the Gift Shop. • Opening cashier will retrieve the gift shop key from security.
• Opening cashiers are responsible for accurately counting the opening change fund (bank) money and placing into the cash register; noting any discrepancies on “Gift Shop Daily Cash Adjustment Sheet” and making the manager aware of any discrepancies.
• Cashier may determine if more change is needed and begin process for retrieving additional change by filling out a “Cash Request Form” prior to Cashier’s office closing.
• Second shift cashier will take money from cash register drawer prior to cashier office closing and retrieve made up opening cash fund (bank) for the next day’s business that is held in the cashier’s office.
• Closing cashier will enumerate the amounts of various currency denominations on the Daily Cash adjustment sheet that was originated at the beginning of the day, sign date and record time on “closing cashier” line.
• Closing cashier will close out credit card machine, tally gift certificates, run end of day report and record everything on daily cash adjustment sheet. Any monetary discrepancy should be reported to the Gift Shop manager.
• Answer phones and take telephone orders.
• Accurately counting money and processing sales
• Provide feedback to staff members of any requests, complaints or inquiries concerning the Gift Shop.
• May assist in restocking, straightening merchandise during slow business times. Key Accountabilities:
• Accurate counting money to customer’s and from customers.
• Accurate ringing sales on cash register and credit card terminal
• Maintains regularly scheduled time to work. Volunteer Position Description Time Commitment:
• Work shifts vary between 9:00am-6:00pm Monday thru Friday 11:00am-6:00pm Saturday, and Sunday, 12:00pm-6:00pm
• Minimum one (2) 4-hour shifts per month between the hours of 9am – 6pm • Commitment to work a 4 to 6 hours shift weekly is recommend.
To apply send inquire to email@example.com .