Social Media Intern
Job Location: Kill Devil Hills
Social Media/Marketing Internship
Outer Banks Sporting Events, a non-profit based on the Outer Banks of NC, is searching for a dynamic and creative applicant to become our superstar in social medial and marketing for the Summer 2020 internship program. This is an excellent opportunity for a candidate whose interest is working in entertainment, marketing, social media, event planning and public relations. This is an unpaid internship.
· Help create and execute weekly/monthly social media calendar
· Create, collect and distribute social media communications
· Meticulous tracking of each marketing campaign
· Manage all of our social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram
· Help with the development and execution of new concepts and activities that support our races
· Other duties as assigned by the Executive Director
· Currently majoring or plan to major in Marketing, Advertising, Sports Management or Public Relations
· Knowledge of social media platforms
· Ability to work independently while also being a team player
· Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task
· Must have strong written and verbal communication skills
· Some weekend work
Our Summer internship begins Late May.
This is an unpaid internship. Applicants should pursue college credit from their college/university.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The mission of the Outer Banks Sporting Events is to organize sporting events and competitions, promote healthy living lifestyles, and provide financial resources for needed relief and education, all while contributing to the economic health of the Outer Banks of North Carolina.