Outer Banks Chamber Member Benefits
Membership in our Chamber is based on a fair share investment schedule (company size) and includes great marketing and networking opportunities. All members receive a listing in our on-line business directory at www.outerbankschamber.commembers and in our printed Outer Banks Experience Magazine. Upgrades such as website links, company logos, google mapping, etc. are available.
- Members can post job openings, coupons, press releases, and social media links for FREE (added value of membership) on our website. Each member also has a business description which maximizes your presence using keywords.
- Members are listed both alphabetically and categorically in the Outer Banks Experience Magazine, a full color publication printed annually
- Chamber members can display brochures in our welcome center lobby
- Chamber members are referred by Chamber staff when contacted for area information
- Receive weekly newsletters announcing new businesses opening in the area and a list of ribbon cuttings, open houses, business after hours, etc. events one can attend and co-market.
- Special news alerts regarding legislative and economic issues sent to chamber members. Voter Voice Program available for Chamber members to weigh in on legislative issues
- We sponsor a Outer Banks Young Professionals group for those under 40, and Leadership OBX Training Program,.
- There are two expos each year - OBX Technology Expo in the Spring and Healthy Holidays Expo in the Fall.
- Members are eligible for savings on Workers Compensation Insurance through First Benefits Insurance (sold through local agents), Constant Contact services, and a Prescription Drug Card
- We host community events such as a Membership Social and Fore The Chamber Golf Tournament in September, Annual Meeting & Awards Dinner in October, ESBY Awards in the Spring, Reverse Raffle in May, a Job Fair in March.
- Members are eligible for our OBX Smiles in Action Awards. Nominations accepted via postcard or www.outerbankschamber.com/smiles
- Only members can purchase advertisements on our website, in our printed magazine or detailed street map. E-mail blasts to both local business owners and managers AND to those considering a vacation in our area are available.
In addition, Opportunities to become involved Include Serving on Committees:
o OBX Technology Expo
o Economic Development
o Golf Tournament
o Governmental Affairs
o Member Social
o Reverse Raffle
o Young Professionals Network Planning
• Chamber Business After Hours
• Morning Schmooze/Table Top Exhibitors
• Economic Information & Forecast Breakfast
• Legislative Programming & Meet & Greet
• Reverse Raffle
• Annual Membership Meeting/Awards Sponsorship
• Ribbon Cutting and Diplomat Program
• Young Professionals Network
• ESBY Luncheon & Awards
• General Membership Luncheons
• Golf Tournament/Social/Auction
• Health Expo
Effective but Low Cost Marketing Solutions Available to Members:
- Website Banner Ads
- Chamber weekly Keynote e-newsletter
- Email Blasts
- Host a Chamber Morning Schmooze, Business After Hours, Young Professionals Social, or Chamber Member event. Donate gift certificates to be used as prizes at events. Make sure your brochures or business cards are in the Chamber's Welcome Center at 101 Town Hall Drive, Kill Devil HIlls.
There is great value in being involved with the Outer Banks Chamber of Commerce and we look forward to working with you to maximize your investment.